- Texas Gov. Rick Perry issued an
executive order creating the Aging Texas Well Advisory Committee and
Action Plan. The order, which was issued in April 2005, formalizes
the Aging Texas Well Initiative and asks the department to continue
its work to identify and discuss aging policy issues, guide state
government readiness, and promote increased community preparedness
for an aging Texas population.
Celebration Magazine - Find events, group
travel, educational programs, senior resources and more throughout
Celebration Magazine - Find events, group travel, educational programs, senior resources and more throughout Dallas!
- There are six main goals that the TSHL strives to achieve. The TSHL goals center around Senior welfare and range from motivation and education to provision of an open discussion forum for Seniors. The objective of these goals is to realize passage of TSHL priorities in the Texas Legislature. - Savvy Senior is a media/information service devoted to baby boomers and senior citizens, and the families who support them. Savvy Senior offers unbiased information through a variety of outlets.
Texas Organization of Residential Care Homes (T.O.R.C.H.) - Over the past several years TORCH has made huge strides, ensuring that the Assisted Living Industry is represented in the Legislative and Regulatory arena. The Assisted Living Association of Texas.
- Serves as a highly visible, trusted and valued place where people of all incomes and ages can turn for information on the full range of long term support options based upon individual choice and is a single point of entry to access support programs and benefits. - Created by the Texas Legislature to give Texans like you the information and tools you need to plan for long-term care.
- Texas Senior Home Repairs: The programs and resources listed below help homeowners with home repairs and improvements.
- Education and Resources for Caregivers.
- Health Resources for Older Adults.
- Committed to caring for caregivers - The online self improvement community. - Helping people overcome the challenges of elder care. - Eldercare / Alzheimer’s Speaker, Author, Radio Host, Caregiver Advocate.
Elder Options of Texas
All Rights Reserved
DISCLAIMER: Links to other websites or references to products, services or publications do not imply the endorsement or approval of such websites, products, services or publications by Elder Options of Texas. The determination of the need for senior care services and the choice of a facility is an extremely important decision. Please make your own independent investigation.